Anaheim's Honda Center
Located in Orange County, California, the Honda Center is one of the country's premier sports & entertainment venues. Sporting & family friendly events in addition to big name concerts at Honda Center, draw thousands of visitors and spectators year after year. Home to the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks, this facility is a prominent part of Orange County.
Continual updating, comfortable seating, and convenient location to major freeways make Honda Center events enjoyable for both tourists and locals. The state-of-the-art design in both function and form make any type of event in the diverse Honda Center schedule pleasing to watch.
Honda Center Fast Facts
- The $123 million dollar facility opened in 1993.
- The arena seats up to 17,174 for the NHL Anaheim Ducks' games.
- It takes around 15,00 gallons of water & 30 hours to make the ice and 5-6 hours to remove at the end of hockey season.
- Originally called the Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, or "The Pond," in October of 2006 the building was renamed Honda Center.
- VENUES TODAY Magazine listed Honda Center as one of the World's Top 10 Arenas of the Decades. They're also a seven-time finalist for POLLSTAR MAGAZINE's "Venue of the Year."
Home of the Anaheim Ducks
While many musical acts, sporting teams, and performers pass through year after year, only one group calls the Honda Center "home." The Anaheim Ducks, members of the Western Conference's Pacific Division of the National Hockey League, are a staple of Orange County and the venue's primary tenant. The team was originally known as the "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim" (named after the film, The Mighty Ducks), but upon being sold in 2005, their name was changed to the Anaheim Ducks. Since entering the league in 1993, the franchise has had a successful run that includes ten playoff appearances, three Pacific Division titles, two Western Conference championships, and a Stanley Cup victory. So far, the Anaheim Ducks have retired only one number, 8, in honor of Right Wing Teemu Selanne.
Honda Center Accommodations
Looking for hotels near the Honda Center? Located nine miles away, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County Hotel offers spacious suites with all the comforts of home.
Directions to the Honda Center
"Ducks' practice sessions are free to attend at the Anaheim Ice Center." On Parking: "Arrive early and do not pay to park at a lot off the property!" - Renee, Accounting